It’s past midnight & our cab is arriving at 4:15 a.m. (bad time to be a night owl). I had to send some love into the blogosphere before we depart. We are off to the Philippines! Thank you to EVERYONE who helped make this trip possible. Follow our adventures on Instagram (@carlylovesamos, @amoslovescarly)!
The island of Bohol was recently devastated by Typhoon Haiyan, the deadliest Philippine typhoon on record. We’ll be working with Arms of Love, a children’s home where we sponsor 2 kids. We are so excited to meet them! Arms of Love currently has 48 kids and are positioning themselves to receive more who were orphaned by Typhoon Haiyan.
WHAT WE’RE DOING:
• Help with community outreach where Arms of Love continues to aid in typhoon relief
• Raise funds for completion of their activity center, recycling facility and vehicle repair that transports 25 students to school every day
• Buy a pair of shoes for each child (most have only flip flops)
• Photograph the kids for their sponsorship & website needs
• Give each kid a hair cut (Alexa, who can be trusted with a scissor)
• Beach day for the kids and staff
“Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress.” – James 1:27